Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: Phillips Milk of Magnesia

Hey Beauty Lovers! As you can tell by the title it's Review Time again and the review today is on Phillips Milk of Magnesia. Now if any of you are beginners and don't know that much about makeup you might be thinking "Why are you putting stomach medicine on your face, that's just weird" Well that's what I thought at first to but then I started checking out more and more reviews on this products and found that a lot of people love it as a Oil control method. Some people are totally against the idea of using a product for your stomach on your face but HEY if it works why not, products have many functionalities. Some enough about me rambling lets get into the review.




Overall, I would say that I am a firm believer that this product works very well for oil control. I went from having to blot my face or apply powder at least 3-4 times (during a 8 hour day) to only having to blot once a day. Now while result may vary depending on how oily your skin maybe I think this product will definitely help to eliminate most of the shine that you have during the day. I love that I can put on a full face of makeup and go about my day not having to worry about looking in the mirror to make sure my skin is not dripping in oil. I would really recommend this product to anyone with oily skin. One concern that some of you might have is if it will irritate your skin or cause breakouts. I can't answer this question for certain since every one's skin is different but for me I have not experienced any breakouts or irritation with this product. Another bonus that I love is that it seems to minimize the appearance of my pores which is another big concern of mine.


Pros:
Price
No smell
Controls oil and shine

Cons:
Can leave white residue if you apply to much

Where to buy:
Drugstores (Walgreens, CVS, Rite aid, Walmart)

Price:
It will range from $4-$6

What it does:
Reduces shine on your face throughout the day and keeps your skin and makeup matte.

Rating:
4.5 / 5

How I apply:
After I wash my face and apply my toner I shake the bottle up and apply a small amount to a cotton pad and apply to my skin. Once I let it dry I apply my makeup and I'm out the door.

Have you tried this product? What are some oil control products that you love?

3 comments:

Makeup and Mutts said...

It sounds great! I will have to give it a look.

Love Joice said...

Well I might give a try! you have a great blog! please check out my blog and follow if you like, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.lovejoice.blogspot.com

HeidiStylHix said...

Interesting! I learn something new everyday. I would definitely use this. Most likely as an alternative. Thanks for the info.